• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • All public documents issued by the authorities of Egypt, Libya, Sudan and Eritrea (birth, marriage and death certificates, university and school diplomas, court orders etc.) that are to be used in Poland, have to be legalized by the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Cairo.

    All documents prior to legalization at the Embassy must be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Egypt. Only such documents will be accepted for legalization.


    Registration procedure


    All legalization of documents issues require registration for appointments through


    To register for a legalization of documents appointment, please go to > Visits >Legal matters.


    The system will show you available appointment dates. Please note that appointment dates are granted based on the mission's capacity and applicants’ demand. It is therefore not possible to receive an earlier appointment date.


    Important information


    Only original documents authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be legalized. It is not possible to legalize copies of documents. The authentication should be direct - it should be a written statement (in a form of a relevant stamp of the MFA’s legalization office) that the document in question is original, issued in accordance with the issuing country’s law and by an authorized person. The authentication should contain the full name and rank of the person issuing it.



    The embassy does not accept documents for legalization by post or courier. All documents must be submitted during the appointment, personally or by an authorized third party (notarial authorization must be presented).

    Marriage certificates must be submitted personally by at least one of the spouses or by an authorized third party.

    Education certificates must be submitted personally by their owners or by an authorized third party.



    You will be requested to provide the following supporting documents:

    1. Passport and copy of the passport data page of the document’s owner; or ID with its copy.

    2. In case of marriage certificates – copy of the other spouse’s passport  data page.

    4. In case of legalization by a third party – copy of passport data page of document’s owner, notarial authorization and passport or ID of authorized person.




    The legalization process takes 7 days.

    The documents may be collected at the embassy personally, by an authorized person or by an authorized courier, paid and ordered by the applicant.





    The legalization fee per document (regardless of the number of pages the document consists of) should be paid in cash upon submitting the documents in the consulate. The current legalization fee can be checked in the Table of Consular Fees (point 6.01).





    The Embassy will not legalize any documents issued in Poland.


    Authentication of documents issued in Poland should be done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland and then for final authentication such documents should be presented at the Embassy of the country for which they are destined.


    For the information about the legalization of Polish documents, please visit the website of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.



    Print Print Share: